I love the taste of cinnamon ☺… Been making cinnamon rolls for a while. On this day, I decided to make it with a twist, and coconut came to mind. The taste of coconut makes anything taste good. I used shredded coconut and it came out perfect 👌.. Here’s how to make this delish coconut cinnamon rolls.
- 3 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup scalded milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- Scald milk (bring it nearly to a boil don’t let it rise or boil. ) Add 1/4 cup sugar, the salt and butter, mix well then cool it to lukewarm temperature .
- Mix the yeast and flour then pour in the beaten eggs, scalded milk mixture and knead.
- Add enough flour as you knead until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Place the dough in a well greased bowl. Spread some oil on top of the dough, cover and let it rise until double in size.
- When it’s doubled in size, punch down and divide into 2 . Roll out each into oblong shape .
- Mix 1 tablespoon sugar, cinammon and shredded coconut.
- Brush the rolled dough with some melted butter. Sprinkle the cinammon + coconut mix and spread evenly.
- Roll up the dough from one end. Using a sharp serrated knife,Slice in about 1 inch you will have roughly 12 slices.
- Place on well greased baking sheet. Let it rise until double.
- Preheat oven at 180°C bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy. This goes really well with tea.